Become a Business Ambassador for Medway’s Bid!
Medway’s City of Culture bid is joining forces with the Medway Champions to invite businesses and business people across Medway, Kent and the South East to become Business Ambassadors for the bid.
- Take part in sector-specific working groups and conversations to develop Medway’s bid.
- Be an active Ambassador for the bid across their networks and sector.
- Demonstrate their support for the bid across their sites and channels and throughout the bid period.
What does City of Culture mean for Medway businesses?
Hosting would be a game-changer for Medway and bring significant benefits to Medway businesses including:
- Job creation
- Supporting and developing the visitor economy
- Creating footfall in town centres
- Training and development for young people in Medway
- Providing an economic boost
- Speeding up COVID recovery
- Assisting in recruiting to the area
- Promoting student retention
- Putting Medway on the national map
- Increasing pride in the area
- Creating a legacy for future generations
Become a Business Ambassador today
Benefits for Ambassadors
- The opportunity to shape the ambition of Medway’s bid for the long term benefit of your organisation and sector.
- Networking opportunities across your sector and the wider Medway business community.
- Favourable sponsorship and promotion opportunities across bid advertising and materials online and across the public realm.
- Automatic Medway Champions membership giving access to networking and business promotion opportunities across Medway, regular meetings and speaker events.
"1 in 4 businesses surveyed took on new staff and 1 in 5 extended opening hours. Over half of businesses felt that Hull 2017 had contributed to increased turnover."
The Impacts of Hull UK City of Culture 2017 Evaluation