Let's show that Medway means business!
To be named UK City of Culture 2025 would provide a major growth opportunity for businesses in Medway and Kent. When Hull won in 2017, £3.4 billion of investment poured into the area over the following four years.
Being City of Culture is about more than arts and creativity. Medway's City of Culture bid is joining forces with the Medway Champions Network to give businesses across Medway, Kent and the South East the chance to make this opportunity count for them and their sectors.
Sign up to be an ambassador for Medway's bid (using the form above) to:
- Take part in sector-specific conversations to develop Medway’s bid. Your business' contribution will inform Medway 2025's plans and allocation of resources
- Demonstrate your business' commitment to social value and how you are changing the lives of local people
- Engage with your local community, be an active ambassador for Medway 2025 across your networks, online channels and sector
- Show the positive impacts your business has on its local area and be part of positive change
- Be part of a historic moment for Medway, Kent and the South East
- Get access to all the bonuses of being a Medway Champion
- Favourable Medway 2025 sponsorship and promotion opportunities
What does City of Culture mean for Medway businesses?
Hosting would be a game-changer for Medway and bring significant benefits to local businesses including:
- Job creation and helping to recruit to the local area
- Supporting and developing the visitor economy
- Driving footfall in town centres
- Training and development for young people in Medway, creating a legacy for future generations
- Providing an economic boost and speeding up long-term COVID recovery
- Promoting student retention
- Putting Medway on the national map and increasing pride in the area
Become a Business Ambassador today
'1 in 4 businesses surveyed took on new staff and 1 in 5 extended opening hours. Over half of businesses felt that Hull 2017 had contributed to increased turnover.'
The Impacts of Hull UK City of Culture 2017 Evaluation