Last updated 31 August 2020.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer, in this case by the Medway 2025 City of Culture bid website, www.medway2025.co.uk.
Find out how to manage cookies on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
To the best of our knowledge cookies are only used on our site to:
- enhance the user experience
- enable specific features to function
- enable us to gather statistics about the way users navigate our websites to inform future development
Understanding how people use our website
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use this website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting your needs and to make improvements based on our findings.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on www.medway2025.co.uk
- the time you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. View an overview of privacy at Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites get the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies:
- _collect: helps us track information such as visitor’s behaviour and devices to allow us to track visitors across marketing channels and devices. Expires when you close the browser.
- _gat: used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made. Expires after one minute.
- _ga: helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before. Expires after two years.
- _gid: helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before. Expires after 24 hours.
When you visit our website you may see a notification to let you know that we're using cookies. If you dismiss the cookie banner, the acceptCookies cookie is used to remember this dismissal to prevent it from popping up again. It expires after 7 days.
Third party cookies
We embed some YouTube videos on our site. YouTube sets cookies when you visit one of these pages to give us information on the number of times a video is viewed, and the type of browser used to view it.
For more information visit the YouTube Privacy and Safety Centre
For further information about cookies email email@example.com.
By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
If you need help adjusting your cookie settings in your web browser, check the information that came with your browser software, contact the company who supplied the software or visit aboutcookies.org or all about cookies.org.