Help Medway become the next UK City of Culture! The UK City of Culture competition is run by the Government every four years. Bidding is a major opportunity for Medway’s five towns and surrounding rural areas. Winning would bring Medway alive with a year of major cultural events for everyone.
Medway’s bid is led by locals and belongs to everyone across the area and we want to connect with as many people as possible across Medway to understand what change people would like to see here and what stories they want told about Medway.
We are looking for local people who believe in the power of communities to change their area, to be the face and voice of Medway’s bid over the summer and into next year. We’re happy to tailor opportunities to your interests and skillsets. Please do let us know if you have any accessibility requirements.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Happy to talk to new people at events and community spaces this summer (in a COVID-safe manner).
- Would like to be a ‘voice for the bid’ in person and online at events and in community gatherings.
- Can help at community conversations and ideas call outs.
- Motivated to make positive change happen in their local area for local people.
- Keen to be part of a team of people bringing Medway’s future to life.
All volunteering opportunities will be flexible to suit any schedule, with volunteer perks offered by local businesses as a thank you. We’re happy to cover transport costs within Medway.
There’s no need to make a long-term commitment – whether you have a few hours, a few days or a few weeks to spare over the next six to nine months, we’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, please contact Lucy via email@example.com
For more info about Medway’s City of Culture bid: www.medway2025.co.uk / @Medway2025 #Medway2025